Tuesday, October 28, 2014

PLDT Home Fibr Experience

I recently had PLDT Home Fibr installed in our provincial home. I really didn't want to get it coz I have unlimited mobile data plan on my phone but my parents who are working abroad wanted to get it so they can cut down costs on international mobile phone calls coz we can just use the facebook call feature or skype. A PLDT agent went to our home to have me sign up for the plan. I signed up for Home Fibr plan 1299 which they do not advertise on their website. There are other plans available but it costs too much for what we need at our provincial home.
(photo credit to PLDT Home Fibr website - http://pldthome.com/fibr)

The PLDT agent told me that the due date will always be 5th of the month and the first bill would cost around Php 3,000+ because we have to pay for the Fibr modem then Php 1299 thereafter.  The Fibr plan 1299 comes with 1Mbps internet speed plus landline and a free 3 months trial of their caller ID. 



I know, I know 1Mbps is like a dialup connection for others but I think that would be enough to make facebook calls or skype, right? Besides, my aunt and cousins who also lives here only use the internet for facebook, instagram, candy crush, zynga poker and alike. They're not into heavy downloading nor video streaming plus the fact that I have unlimited data plan on my postpaid line so this 1Mbps plan just suits their needs. Anyway, the installation technicians went to our home a week after I signed up for the service. The activation of the service only took about less than 4 hours unlike before wherein it takes 24 hours to get the internet up and running. The first thing that I did was to run speedtest coz I wanted to make sure that we get what we pay for. I was aware that we're not gonna get 1Mbps coz it depends on several factors such as internet traffic, etc but surprisingly, the speedtest result was more than what I expected. I was getting a download speed of about 4-5Mbps. 



I initially thought that it could just be because it was just installed but so far, it has been 2 weeks now and it's pretty much consistent. I'm still getting a range of 4-5Mbps everytime I ran speedtest. We have no problems with it so far and I just hope we're not gonna have any. By the way, I just got our first bill today and I found out that the Fiber modem costs Php1964.28 so if you're planning to get PLDT Home Fiber plan 1299, expect to pay about Php 3.3k on your first bill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment